Subject: Re: Hotkey patch

Re: Hotkey patch

From: Jeff Goode <jeffg7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:46:21 -0400

On 3/25/2010 04:22, Alex Parker wrote:
> On 24 March 2010 18:08, Jeff Goode <jeffg7_at_gmail.com
> <mailto:jeffg7_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Another hotkey patch is at FS#11081. The code is now completely
> transparent unless the HOTKEY define is explicitly stated in the
> target config file. And hotkey targets now have a lower binsize
> increase. The e200 is about 900 bytes.
>
> So now we have to come to a decision: are assignable keys on the
> NoDo list or not? The patch is ready for general use and I'd like
> to commit. But given some resistance in memory of bygone times,
> I'm holding off. Could we come to some consensus now?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>

> Personally I don't object to a hotkey button if the button was
> previously unused, but I am a bit less keen on other buttons being
> reconfigurable.
>
> Alex
In a couple of different screens, the button I'm using was already
assigned. But in one, the bookmark menu, it acts the same as before,
with a delete prompt. It's not assignable, just internally renamed. In
the other, the WPS, the button was hardcoded to show the playlist.
That's still the default behavior, but it can be assigned to another
function if desired. I tried to make it so that nothing changed without
the user's deliberate action. If you didn't know hotkeys existed, you
should be able to continue blissfully unaware of their existence.
Unless you assigned a hotkey by accident. But since you can do that
only within a context menu and requires a keypress that isn't currently
valid, that doesn't seem very likely.