Subject: GSoC Android App

GSoC Android App

From: Michael Schliep <4hcowboy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:45:12 -0600

Hello, I am a sophomore at the University of Minnesota, Crookston majoring
in Computer Software Engineering. I have been wanting to get involved with
an open source project and GSoC looks like a good way to get started. I am
interested in the Idea of RockBox as an application and would like to use
the android as the mobile device. I have owned a Digital Audio Player, but
currently do not. I have also worked with android application development.
 I have not used RockBox before but will compile and start looking at the
code tomorrow. I have spent a little time last year playing with c and will
start up again right away. I am wondering on how difficult of a project
this will be for a first time open source experience. I am planning on
treating this as a full time job over the summer. My email personal email
is 4hcowboy_at_gmail.com and I will appear on the IRC as MikeS. Sorry
for contacting you so late in March. Can you please reply if you think I
would be a suitable candidate for this project or if you know of one that
would be better for me.

Mike Schliep