Subject: Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Torne Wuff <torne-rockboxdev_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:04:50 +0100

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:29:43PM +0200, Al Le wrote:
> There is a patch (FS#10343 - Resume playback even if it reached the end
> and stopped) that implements a very nice feature. Has anyone objections
> for it being committed? If not I'll commit it when I'll get access to
> the development environment.

If it still works as described in comments there, then I object. It
says "As a side effect it will also resume if you restart the player and
have it set to resume which you would probably want to fix." - does it
still do that? I would find that very annoying - when the player has
just started (and is already thrashing the disk to populate the dircache
and load the db to ram) the last thing I want it to do is go off and
start buffering something I've already listened to; it will take much
longer to pick something new to listen to instead.

I have no objection to it being possible to *manually* resume a playlist
that already finished, but it should only do it if you hit play or pick
Resume Playback explicitly.

--
Torne Wuff
torne_at_wolfpuppy.org.uk