Subject: Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:07:04 +0100

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 30.03.2010 12:38, schrieb Mike Holden:
>> I totally agree that this is a bad idea. I always use PLAY on
>> powerup to resume where I
>> left off listening, and I DON'T want this to restart the old
>> playlist if it had
>> finished.
>> I disagree with the last paragraph above though. Even if I hit
>> PLAY, I don't want to
>> resume a completed playback, EVER.
> The point is to get rid of the annoying "Nothing to resume" splash.
> the patch only resets the playlist so that PLAY plays it again, but
> no
> auto-resume on boot or something like that.

But that's exactly my point! I press PLAY when I power up (not
auto-resume), and I __don't__ want that to restart the last album I
listened to if I played it to completion last session, I want to see
the splash, which to me is __not__ annoying, it's a simple statement
of status :-)

Mike Holden - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts