Subject: Re: Bookmark mod

Re: Bookmark mod

From: Jeff Goode <>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:23:19 -0400

On 4/9/2010 17:55, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 09.04.2010 23:50, schrieb Frank Gevaerts:
>> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 11:40:39PM +0200, Dominik Riebeling wrote:
>>> Yes, as far as I understand. Why should backward compatibility behave
>>> differently than current behaviour is?
>> I think this is a solid argument
>> Frank
> I think it would be confusing of some bookmarks (the old ones) behave
> differently than some others (the newer once). Is it visible for
> someone which bookmark will behave in what way? I can see questions of
> the sort "hey, I have a bookmark which resets the pitch, but the
> others don't do this. is this a bug"?
> Best regards.
There's no way to tell at the moment visually which one is which. That
could change very easily though. For instance, bookmarks with shuffle
enabled actually say "shuffle" when viewing the bookmark. I could make
it so that it says pitch or speed if either value is other than 100%
when it was saved. Then "expected behavior" would be to change to 100%
every time a bookmark is played, unless pitch or speed is present, in
which case those values are set.

This is different from current behavior, but I would expect a fairly
short transition period while old bookmarks are saved in the new
format. It's mainly an education thing.