Subject: Google Summer of Code

Google Summer of Code

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:19:52 +0200

Hello Rockbox developers!

We are happy to announce that Google will be sponsoring four students to
work on Rockbox this year as part of its Summer of Code programme.

The students accepted for Google's Summer of Code are:

Delyan Kratunov (archivator) - TTS in core Rockbox
Mentors: Dominik Wenger (domonoky), Austin Appel (scorche)

Mohamed el Haddad (mt) - New WMA Audio codecs
Mentors: Michael Giacomelli (saratoga), Dave Chapman (linuxstb)

Robert Bieber (bieber) - Graphical Rockbox Theme Editor
Mentors: Dominik Riebeling (bluebrother), Amaury Pouly (pamaury)

Thomas Martitz (kugel) - Rockbox as an Application
Mentors: Frank Gevaerts (gevaerts), Peter D'Hoye (petur)

More details about Summer of Code are available at
http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2010/rockbox

Welcome to GSoC 2010 and congratulations!

The next steps for our students:
- please introduce yourself on this mailing list.
- make yourself familiar with the community and the code relating to
  your project.
- make contact with your mentors.
- create a wiki page to describe your project and document progress.

A word to all the students who didn't make it:
We would like to thank you all for applying! If you have any questions
about why your project wasn't amongst those chosen or how you can
improve your odds if you apply to Rockbox next year, please feel free
to ask us. We would, of course, appreciate it if you choose to continue
with your project even if you were not chosen, and we would be happy to
help you with this.

We wish all our students a successful and productive summer.

Frank