Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code

Re: Google Summer of Code

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:10:44 +0100

My GSoC project, as I mentioned, will mainly consist of porting the Flite text-to-speech engine for use in core Rockbox (and, hopefully, plugins). This will be quite the task and will involve, among other things, adding the infrastructure for loadable TTS engines and integration alongside the current voice system.

That's about it, really. If you have any questions, feel free to ask (be it by email or in IRC).

Thanks for listening/reading!

Hi. I wish you good luck with your project, and would be very pleased if a tts does get integrated into rockbox.

I am happy to help test out any code on target that kind of thing if it would be of use, I have an h140.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5066 (20100427) __________