Subject: Re: Proposal for Bounty to get Linux & Rockbox ported to the iPod Nano 4G and 5G

Re: Proposal for Bounty to get Linux & Rockbox ported to the iPod Nano 4G and 5G

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 10:17:58 +0200

Just to clarify slightly, I don't think that bounties being paid for
work that reuses previous work is necessarily bad (it is impossible to
do anything otherwise) - I just think depending on circumstance it can
lead to bad blood, and be hard to administer (how do you decide who gets
what if someone wrote a specific driver and someone else "just" enabled
it for a specific target?).

I don't like bounties as I think they cause more problems that they
solve - however if someone can come up with a good method of
administering them then I'm all ears :)

Alex