Subject: Re: tcctool and S9

Re: tcctool and S9

From: Andrew Poelstra <>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 18:16:44 -0700

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 07:07:06PM -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> Does anybody know how to configure tcctool to program the TCC7901
> in the Cowon S9? For that matter, does anybody have any information
> about the TCC7901.
> For reference, the D2 uses the TCC7801, and to the best of my
> knowledge there are no datasheets for either chip.
> -Andrew

Thanks to Maurus for his help. I figured out the SDCFG parameter
and used it to unbrick my S9. The line I added to tcctool.c was:

    {"cowons9", "Cowon S9", 0xb057, 0x20000000, 0xa1102800 },

Here is a forum thread where I first posted this (I am writing as joeyg):

Hopefully this works in general, and is a boon to porting Rockbox
to the S9.