Subject: MPIO HD200 performace

MPIO HD200 performace

From: Marcin Bukat <marcin.bukat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 23:07:46 +0200

I am trying to find out why playback on MPIO HD200 needs much more cpu
than on other coldfire based DAPs.
1) test_codec gives comparable results to other CFs.
2) display drivers are pretty fast scoring ~764fps fullscreen updates
in test_fps.
3) test_mem gives on MPIO: unboosted write 95kB/s, ubusted read 55
kB/s, boosted write 267kB/s and boosted read 154kB/s. Pixelma posted
some results on IRC from iaudio M5 "bufsize: 514048, write ticks: 15
(267 kB/s), read ticks: 26 (154 kB/s) - no change when boosted or
unboosted". So here is big difference when unboosted.
4) disk transfers are comparable to CompactFlash modded ipod mini (I
am testing with CompactFlash also)
5) playing wav MPIO runs unboosted after initial rebuffer.

So basicaly I would like to ask for ideas where may be the problem. I
would like to ask also for test_mem results from other CF devices. For
me it looks a bit strange that Pixelma doesn't see difference when
boosted/unboosted.

Marcin Bukat (wodz)