Subject: [RaaA] Move SDL stuff to target tree

[RaaA] Move SDL stuff to target tree

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 15:41:49 +0200

So, as part of my gsoc project I would like move uisimulator/sdl/*.[ch]
to the target tree. Specifically into a directory
firmware/target/hosted/, as hosted would probably also contain files for
other hosts, such as android, and also (directly under hosted/) files
which are not dependant on the host very much, such as my pth thread
implementation.
This is a large part of the groundwork for an application framework.

It would look like this (in firmware/target/hosted):
sdl/charcell/lcd-charcell.c
sdl/bitmap/lcd-bitmap.c
sdl/bitmap/lcd-remote-bitmap.c
sdl/lcd-sdl.c
sdl/kernel-sdl.c
sdl/timer-sdl.c (the current uisimulator/sdl/timer.c)
sdl/pcm-sdl. (the current uisimulator/sdl/sound.c)
sdl/button-sdl.c
sdl/system-sdl.c (for initialization stuff)

uisimulator/sdl/uisdl.c would be split up across the above files, for
instance the initialization parts into system-sdl.c, the button parts to
button-sdl.c etc.

Additionally, part of sound.c goes as audio-sdl.c under
firmware/drivers/audio/. Along with this work some SIMULATOR #ifdefs
would be resovled as the simulator would behave more like a real target.
BTW, the simulators would/should still work as before, with the
exception that they're build using the SDL target.

The above would be the first step. In a further step, I would like to
split up button-sdl.c so that the simulator parts (particularly the
keyboard-button maps for the simulated targets) into a plain button
driver and into the simulator part into
uisimulator/<target-name>/button.c. The UI-*.bmp files would also be in
that folder.

This is what I thought about so far. The groundwork wouldn't be finished
with that but it's a pretty big step.

What do you think about it? Do you have any ideas how my proposal could
be improved? Or do you have any questions? Please join the discussion.

Best regards.