Subject: Re: Rockbox Build System

Re: Rockbox Build System

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:42:01 +0200

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 08:28:10PM +0200, Manuel Dejonghe wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am currently looking for a distributed build system that suits the
> needs at my workplace, and I think the (new) rockbox build system fits
> snugly.
>
> I have started evaluating (setting it up) and working around some
> problems I encounter when doing the full install at once as opposed to
> the bootstrap "in development". For example, buildmaster.pl does not
> behave correctly if only unknown/new clients are connected, or if no
> previously recorded data can be found in the database. (I'll post
> these fixes and more documentation about bootstrapping as soon as I
> move from testing to productive machine or abandoning, which I do not
> believe).

Great! Having the build system be useful in its own right can only be a
good thing.

> One thing I did not find/was not perfectly able to reconstruct from
> the code is the database layout, especially the data types and flags
> of some coloumns. I believe the scripts need some of the coloumns to
> be flagged as UNIQUE, but I am not sure, and this is certainly an end
> where trial and error is to manifold.
>
> Could I kindly ask for some database schema, "show create table
> builds|logs|rounds|clients", some create-script or an export of any
> type ?

I don't have the schema as such, but the database has a public
read-only account:

mysql server: buildmaster.rockbox.org
database: rockbox
username: rockbox
password: FVUKynGTzzEad3Nq

You should be able to extract everything you need from there. I think
mysqldump --single-transaction --no-data -h buildmaster.rockbox.org -u rockbox --password=FVUKynGTzzEad3Nq rockbox
does what you want

Frank