Subject: Re: Rockbox Build System

Re: Rockbox Build System

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:33:35 +0200

Hi list,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be> wrote:
> I don't have the schema as such, but the database has a public
> read-only account:
>
> You should be able to extract everything you need from there. I think
> mysqldump --single-transaction --no-data -h buildmaster.rockbox.org -u rockbox --password=FVUKynGTzzEad3Nq  rockbox
> does what you want

uh, nice, that is a very valuable piece of information :)
Your line was indeed the perfect command. (BTW: If one day the
harddisk fills up and somebody need some space in emergency, one could
have a look at the table "logs" and kill some *very* old rows).

The file attached here is now the somewhat "corrected" database/table
creation file. I removed the columns which are not used at all from
the current code base (bogomips in builds; totscore, builds and
blocked in clients).

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> Nice. I too have recently been toying with idea of generalising the build system to suit other project. I will be interested in seeing your changes.

I ran into a few DIV/0-aborts when working on data from the database
(have not yet fixed them all) and the buildmaster sometimes runs into
an endless loop of trying to distribute/assign the builds at the start
of the round (bestfit_builds() goto tryagain;), which I think is
either based on the fact that none of the clients is known or maybe
the known times for upload are "too fast" (< 1 sec) in my local
network. will investigate into that further now that the database is
okay.

A change I have already done to the code is that builds for which
there is no matching client (none of the currently connected clients
has the capability to build that build/arch) are excluded from the
round at its beginning. The current buildmaster was not able to cope
with this (unfortunate) situation.

best regards, lImbus