Subject: Re: alle: r26008 - trunk/fonts

Re: alle: r26008 - trunk/fonts

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:33:00 +0200

On 14/05/10 12:22, Al Le wrote:

>> I agree that large numerical fonts make sense for some stuff - I have
>> made 40 and 50 point ones myself for big screen FM targets
> Where do you keep them?

Nowhere yet - when the theme site gets fms ability I'll bundle them with
the theme. I agree this isn't ideal either, as it'd be nicer to have
somewhere people can get them from centrally.

>> Thoughts?
> Maybe have a folder with special purpose fonts? Or add glyphs from some
> other font to this one, e.g. 19-Nimbus?

What happens if you try to select this font as the UI font? Does
anything show? Maybe some way to filter fonts with FM in the name? I
suspect this isn't feasible for Browse Fonts as it is just the file
browser, maybe the font loader could refuse to load a font with FM in
the name as the UI font? All speculation here :)