Subject: Re: [RaaA] Move SDL stuff to target tree

Re: [RaaA] Move SDL stuff to target tree

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 09:14:23 -0500

On 5/16/2010 9:10 AM, Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> So I pretty much have been thinking the same but couldnt work it
> right, but bassically you need to remember than the simulator is only
> a sim and really only for the UI! noone has ever made guarentees about
> anything other than the display working like a real target.

target as reasonably possible. UI isn't just "how it looks" by any stretch.

But it's just called the UI Simulator. It's name shouldn't define its
function. It should be the other name around - we should decide on its
function then rename it to suit. The name should transmit to the user
what to expect, but shouldn't define where it should go. Telling someone
"it's called a UI simulator because that's all it is" is fine, but that
shouldn't be a reason why it can't become more.

If there's a desire to change its purpose, it might be another thing for
the DevCon agenda.