Subject: Re: libcook not working on Solaris

Re: libcook not working on Solaris

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 17:18:37 +0300

> On 15 May 2010 22:14, "vikas gupta" <vikas.iet_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *Hi,*
> *
> *
> *I am new to Rockbox community and wanted to port the libcook from Rockbox
> community to my hardware. I took the base version of libcook(20883) and
> tried compiling it on my solaris box.*
> *
> *
> *After fixing initial compilation errors, there were few :-*
> *1) CC was not declared in Makefile.test*
> *2) Debug macro was not working and giving compilation error.*
> *3) sinf gives undefined reference.*
> *
> *
>
> Hi Vikas.

The focus in rockbox is really on the codec working properly within the
rockbox environment, test programs are generally there because they were
needed at the time of importing the codec library. Codecs receive a
significant amount of work occasionally, so things like test programs are
prone to get broken easily. If the test file isn't working properly in the
rockbox simulator on your machine, then it would be nice of you to file a
bug.

Nevertheless, the log indicates that everything is probably working as
expected, so you might want to investigate in main.c, specifically the part
where the decoded buffers are being written to the output file.

> *Pardon me for some obvious questions as it is my first post to the
> rockbox community.*
> *
> *
>
> Just a tiny point: messages like this one are better suited to the
rockbox-dev mailing list, you'd find more developers on this list who could
respond to your questions.

--
MT