Subject: Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

From: vikas gupta <vikas.iet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:00:48 -0700

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Assuming you mean math.h, rockbox doesn't have that either (and libcook doesn't use it).  We can't, since we don't use floating point.
Ok, but I am porting the slightly old floating point version. Can I ,
convert all run time calculations to static predefined tables. while
doing so, I happen to see that basically all the calculation done is
based on samples_per_Frame and which could be (256,512,1024).
So for every table calculation, I am caluclation 3 different tables
for each frame size. Is it alright?
I really couldn't find Real Cook decoder specification (As how many
samples/frame, etc..) anywhere on Internet.

Is it safe to assume that the samples_per_frame can't be anything
other then the mentioned 3. I happen to see that if it is not among
these three, cook_decode_init() will return -1.