Subject: Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:23:16 +0300

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:00 AM, vikas gupta <vikas.iet_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Assuming you mean math.h, rockbox doesn't have that either (and libcook
> doesn't use it). We can't, since we don't use floating point.
> Ok, but I am porting the slightly old floating point version. Can I ,
> convert all run time calculations to static predefined tables.

I'm a bit confused by this. Do you want to get rid of the floating point
math ? If yes, rockbox codecs are all in fixed point already, so what
exactly do you want to get rid of ? Or do you not want any sort of
calculations at all ? not even fixed point ? (haven't heard about that
before though, not sure why you'd need that)

--
MT