Subject: RE: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

RE: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

From: Mike Giacomelli <>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:59:28 -0700

> I want floating point as i have a hardware floating point unit. Since
> the base version of libcook is floating point based(is from FFMpeg), I
> took that.

You shouldn't be using the rockbox decoder at all then.  It intended for devices with no FPU.  Use ffmpeg as Dave suggested.

> I want to get rid off all the table calculations, as most
> of the tables are calculated as part of initialization, so calculating
> this before hand is required as I don't have any math library function
> (cos,sin,sinf,sqrt).
> Can you help let me know if now my question make sense?
> Please help, I will greatly appreciate your response.

Dump the values generated by the ffmpeg decoder to disk, then put them as constants in your program.  The rockbox decoder already does this, though obviously you won't be able to use its values since they will not be floating point.