Subject: Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

Re: Queries reagarding Cook Decoder Std

From: vikas gupta <>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:44:26 -0700

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Mike Giacomelli <> wrote:
> Ah I see what you're getting at. You're really asking what size MDCT windows are allowed in cook, since the ffmpeg MDCT needs to know that in advance while ours doesn't. I have no idea. I would just make a good guess and try files and see if it works.

It looks the MDCT window calculation is done based on
samples_per_Frame, and as per cook_decode_init(), the
samples_per_frame could be 256/512/1024.

Is it correct that samples_per_frame in cook decoder could either be
256/512/1024. I tried all the cook decoder samples available at URL??), and it looks all have one among
those samples?