Subject: Re: hotkey on mainmenu?

Re: hotkey on mainmenu?

From: Jeff Goode <jeffg7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:35:42 -0400

> That's right. Recording screen was only an example, but there are more
> and more targets without record button (e.g. some or may be all sansa
> ams devices) and it can really help to have possibility to quickly
> activate recording.

Hm. How many targets that lack a record button have recording
hardware? I see the Fuze is one, any others?

Either way, the solution to this particular problem isn't necessarily to
create a new hotkey context but to define the appropriate key in the
keymap. You can even use the same keypress as the hotkey, if it isn't
being used already. It was pretty difficult choosing a hotkey that
would work in two different screens without messing around with the
keymap definitions too much. Trying to coordinate with still another
screen's definitions might be pushing it.

This isn't a technical limitation, but there ought to be some consensus
before we go around changing keymaps.

As a side note, we'll be working the bugs out of the release version for
the next couple of weeks, not adding features. Still, the keymaps are a
mess and will likely get worse over time. What are the chances this
will be addressed at the meeting next month?

Jeff