Subject: assistance with logging output of make command to a file.

assistance with logging output of make command to a file.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:08:11 +0100

Hi list,

wondering if someone could please tell me how I log all output of the make
command to a text file?

the reason I want to know is because I have just set up a rockbox build
environment running vinux which is a version of linux made accessible for
the visually impaired out of the box, now based off ubuntu.
It is being run as a virtual machine by the latest version of vmware work
station.
I am pretty sure everything is set up right, I used the rockboxdev.sh script
in tools to install all the cross compilers, and then added them to my
export path in my /etc/profile.

When I generated the make file, I didn't get any errors or warnings.

However, when I actually enter the make command I get a load of errors, and
would like some assistance from the list diagnosing what the problem is.

I have googled around, and I find plenty of sites saying how to log output
from the terminal, however when I enter the command most of the sites seem
to give, it logs some output to a text file but not the actual errors.
It logs the bit about generating dependencies and then just seems to stop
logging.

the command I have been using is
make > /rockbox/log.txt

Once I have all this set up and working I will then make a vm version and an
installable iso available for anyone interested.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5142 (20100524) __________

http://www.eset.com