Subject: Re: assistance with logging output of make command to a file.

Re: assistance with logging output of make command to a file.

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:48:01 +0100

  On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM, alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com> wrote:

    Hi list,

  Hi Alex ,

    It logs the bit about generating dependencies and then just seems to stop logging.

    the command I have been using is
    make > /rockbox/log.txt

  I have used the same output redirection method you used and it works for me. I'm just speculating, but could it be a path problem ?
  Did you try just typing : make > log.txt ?

  Hi, sorry for the late response.

  the problem is the command isn't logging the actual errors, just the stuff that happens before they come up.

  however the error I am getting is something like
  cc1 the value is two large for the defined data type,
  that's very roughly what it is, it happens very early in the build process on some files in the tools folder.
  I wish I could have captured the output so you could see the exact error.

  But I have done some googling, and I actually now believe the problem is nothing to do with the rockbox code or how my path is set up.

  according to what I have read on google about very similar types of errors, the problem actually relates to how gcc works when it is working with folders
  that are being shared between windows and linux using cifs, or smbfs.

  According to what I have read, I need to put a few extra options in my /etc/fstab file, to enable some option called nounix and maybe another one called noserverino, I am having a little trouble adding the commands, but of course this is beyond the scope of this list, and I am sure I will get it figured out eventually with a bit of googling, it may just take me a few days.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5147 (20100526) __________

http://www.eset.com