Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 23:33:09 +0200

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> I don't think the --root option will always be available, not on a
> smartphone anyway. You should double click the Rockbox icon and it should
> just work (and not mess with command line options).

You could just use a RaaA specific configuration file (wouldn't you
need one anyway, to setup other environment things specific to the
device like screen resolution?) to set that root. Or even allow
setting arbitrary virtual "drives" (though I really hate the drives
concept and like the unix mountpoint thing much better). Setting such
values via command line as a first shot implementation isn't a bad
thing IMO. Such a way wouldn't be suitable for users of course.

OTOH, I would prefer exposing the complete file system to the user, as
I expect of any hosted application.

 - Dominik