Subject: Creating a Bash script to generate en.voice

Creating a Bash script to generate en.voice

From: Storm Dragon <>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 23:41:50 -0400

I am working on a set of scripts for Linux to handle voice generation
for Rockbox. I have a script that can create .talk files for directories
and files. the only thing that is missing is a file to create speech for
the menus etc. I downloaded the RB source and read through the perl
scripts, but I don't have much experience with perl and got lost rather
The reason I am trying to get all of this functionality in to bash
scripts is because the Rockbox utility does not work with Orca, the
screen reader for Linux. Also, it is rather nice to have the ability to
generate .talk files in the right click menu.
So, my question is, to create the menus and general speech clips, is it
just one filewith all the clips in a specific order? Do I need to create
the en.lang file too, or can I just use the one that already comes with
it? Oh, also, if I do just have to create one file in specific order,
where can I find a list of words in the specific order that should be
Thanks for any help

Registered Linux user number 508465:
Follow me on Twitter:
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: