Subject: Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

Re: [RaaA] Weekly status report

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 19:08:02 +0200

Hello folks,

this week I started (and mostly finished) the conversion of #ifdef
SIMULATOR to #if (CONFIG_PLATFORM & PLATFORM_HOSTED) (and the like).

I was quite surprised how little individual #ifdefs I actually
converted. In fact, I could ignore most because they are not relevant
for RaaA (on a related note, some of them are really not understandable
and/or seem stupid and should be fixed up, refer to the "Ideas for
hacking" item on the DevConEuro2010 page).

I considered them not relevant if they met one of the following points:

* when used in conjuction with a define RaaA will most certainly not
define, e.g. CONFIG_CODEC != SWCODEC, HAVE_RECORDING, SANSA_E200,
!USB_NONE, HAVE_LCD_CHARCELL
* enables debug-only code parts
* when it's clearly simulator specific (for another reason than point 1)

I want to emphasize that I considered each #ifdef separately and did no
sed action.

It's possible that I overlooked some relevant #ifdef. However, I think I
am more successful in spotting them when I know begin to create an
application target without defining SIMULATOR. And this is my plan for
the next week or 2.

In case you feel my above points are not sufficient and/or I ignored too
much, please drop a comment. I'll upload a diff to FS#11234 and commit
to my git repo.

Best regards.