Subject: Re: arm-eabi compiler

Re: arm-eabi compiler

From: Andrew Poelstra <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:11:43 -0700

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 08:31:11PM +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Andrew Poelstra wrote:
> > What version of gcc will be the "standard" for eabi builds?
> >
> > I (and others, I assume) prefer to build my own tools so that
> > when things go wrong, at least I know what the situation is.
> If you prefer typing "configure" and "make" yourself, please use the same options as in And use the same binutils version too (2.20.1 for arm-elf-eabi).
> We are very careful about all build clients having the same build tools, to reduce the amount of tool-related issues. We create enough bugs on our own... :-)

I am well aware of the dangers of incompatible tools. :)

But last time with I tried installing arm-elf and
arm-eabi tools at the same time, and I ended up with compilation
errors partway through the build. Not sure what the cause was,
but in the end I downloaded the gcc/binutils/newlib sources
(from the URLs in, no less!) and built them myself.

Just started running again - this time things are
looking much better. So far. :)