Subject: Re: arm-eabi compiler

Re: arm-eabi compiler

From: Andrew Poelstra <>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:29:43 -0700 (PDT)

----- "Thomas Martitz" <> wrote:

> Am 08.06.2010 02:11, schrieb Andrew Poelstra:
> > I am well aware of the dangers of incompatible tools. :)
> >
> > But last time with I tried installing arm-elf and
> > arm-eabi tools at the same time, and I ended up with compilation
> > errors partway through the build. Not sure what the cause was,
> > but in the end I downloaded the gcc/binutils/newlib sources
> > (from the URLs in, no less!) and built them myself.
> >

> You probably lacked gmp and mpfr which are required to build newer
> GCCs.

I think there were warnings about this and I managed to install
them from the Fedora repository. So it was likely something else.

> The new has a work around so they're not needed to be
> installed explicitly.
> I'm wondering what newlib has to do with it. We don't use it at all.

I realized it was unnecessary after the fact - but when the
compilation failed I tried the instructions on,
which included newlib.

> > Just started running again - this time things are
> > looking much better. So far. :)
> >

> Good luck :)

This time it went off flawlessly. Awesome. No more soft-float/hard-
float incompatibilities!