Subject: Re: Cowon D2 EABI

Re: Cowon D2 EABI

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:34:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Thomas Martitz wrote:

> Also, as you just said you haven't been around lately, it's hard for our
> project, considering the growing number of targets, to wait for a port
> maintainer to actually show up and do some work. If the maintainer is not
> around, then the port is effectively not maintained. It can get broken if it
> remains unmaintained.

So we are fine to break builds in case people don't show up to "defend" the
builds they use in due time?

This is a build that worked, and "someone" could indeed have verified it first
before the compiler switch was made for this target and Rob is not the only
person in the world that could have done this.

I don't think we're that desparate to push targets over to the eabi compiler.
Or at least I don't see why we would be.

This seems like an honest mistake that could've been avoided by someone trying
the build before the switch.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se