Subject: Re: Cowon D2 EABI

Re: Cowon D2 EABI

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:34:50 -0500

On 6/14/2010 7:30 AM, Rob Purchase wrote:

> So pointing out that a commit breaks things, and that a simple check
> beforehand would have prevented it, is now taken as "simple whining"?
> FFS. In the space of a day I've been told to "show up and do some
> work" and now accused of "simple whining". Is it any wonder I'm not
> around here as much as I used to be?!

Please learn to read more carefully. If I'd said "it is simple whining"
you would've been accused of whining, yes. I said it "can seem like
simple whining." Notice the specific word choice - "can seem like." This
suggests, explicitly, that it's *not* "simple whining" but may look like
it to some people, which is why you got a very negative response from
some others. Believe me, if I wanted to accuse you of whining I'd just
have said "complaining about it after the fact is nothing more than
simple whining."

Seriously, be a bit less defensive and try not to jump to conclusions.