Subject: RE: Cowon D2 EABI

RE: Cowon D2 EABI

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:39:16 -0700

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Rafal Carr wrote:
>
>> I would have preferred to let the warning in the table until someone with a
>> target checks the code, rather than reverting the commit which highlighted
>> the (valid) warning.
>>
>> But I have the impression that anything which makes the table not 100% green
>> is not wanted by the team.
>>
>> What should I have done?
>
> I think perhaps the best way would've been to commit the fix like you did, and
> then to post a mail to this list explaining the reasoning and what would be
> needed to get the change tested.
>
> IOW: just a tad bit more communication about it.

For what its worth, this whole project has some communication issues. For thosewho don't closely follow the mailing list or IRC logs its often hard to knowwhats going on. We should consider having an actual news front end thing on thewebsite like many (most?) projects do these days. That way we couldannouncethings like compiler changes in a place less active developers and users aremore likely to notice.