Subject: Re: svn properties

Re: svn properties

From: Marcin Bukat <marcin.bukat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:40:40 +0200

2010/6/14 Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Rafal Carr <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suppose it's because like me, you don't like unnecessary changes.
>> "Don't fix what ain't broke."
>>
>> But here, it's broke.
>
> The problem with setting properties is clearly a problem of git-svn,
> thus it's broken on the git-svn end, not on the svn end. It's even
> mentioned in the BUGS section of the git-svn man page (at least on my
> machine): We ignore all SVN properties except svn:executable.
>
> If it's broken at the non-svn end then it isn't the proper solution to
> change the svn end.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/UsingGit section Contributing
It seems that reasonably recent git-svn handles this just fine. Providing
description on the wiki which properties should be set will be beneficiary
for both svn and git-svn users. As I written already the only thing not
handled by git-svn is keywords property which usability is debatable.

Marcin Bukat (wodz)