Subject: Re: dev blog? was Re: Cowon D2 EABI

Re: dev blog? was Re: Cowon D2 EABI

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:35:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> I can set it up, but the current front page is a mess. Adding a blog to that sea of information isn't going to make anyone happy.

I agree.

> We need to restructure things a bit, which requires someone with a sense of order and some feeling for information layout to meditate over this and draw up a proposal for what should go where.

I would be interested in looking into the website stuff but my free
time is rather limited these days. Nevertheless, some ideas for
discussion:

- why has it to be a blog? Having a proper news section that's updated
regularly should already improve the situation.
- why not move much more to the wiki and improve the wiki appearance?
Especially start using namespaces in the wiki to structure information
better? As far as I can see all pages are in the Main namespace,
except the Foswiki special pages.
- and as already has been said finally split between www.rockbox.org
and dev.rockbox.org (or whatever the dev site would get named). Then
some "news blog" could be on the users front page while svn activity
and the like we currently have on the front page could go to the dev
site.

 - Dominik