Subject: Re: sample_pf_pc in Cook Decoder?

Re: sample_pf_pc in Cook Decoder?

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:11:55 +0300

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM, vikas gupta <vikas.iet_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm judging by the debugging output from cook.c.
> > Testing on a stereo sample, I got :
> > samples per frame = 2048
> > samples per channel = 1024
> > Have you tried enabling the debugging output in cook.c and checking the
> > numbers ?

Yes, sample_pf_pc in this case is 2048, and the decoder output is 4096

No, this is not that.
In my example, samples per channel actually is the same as samples_pf_pc,
this is just the second value in cook's extradata.
so samples_pf_pc = 1024.

output size in bytes from the decoder (datasize) for one frame then should
be 8K (assuming 4 bytes/sample), which is your equation :

--
MT