Subject: Re: [New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #6

Re: [New WMA Codecs] Progress Report #6

From: Dave Hooper <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:40:08 +0100

If the trig table is in the range -1<=t<1 , then I think the overflow must
be coming from the input not being scaled by 1/N or something like that..

On 12 Jul 2010 11:13, "Mohamed Tarek" <> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Dave Hooper <> wrote:
> I'd be surprised if cod...
There's no problem with the codeclib's imdct itself. wmapro's mdct is almost
just like codeclib's, but uses a different trig table and currently scales
the input and trig tables with different factors to produce a correct output
and avoid overflows. I'll just use that mdct for now and see if I can use
codeclib's. For now, I tried scaling the input coefficients before sending
them to codeclib's imdct_half, instead of after that, but it still didn't
work properly.