Subject: Re: [Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #8

Re: [Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #8

From: Robert Bieber <robby_at_bieberphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 01:25:59 -0400

On 07/12/2010 02:29 AM, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> Have you thought about how you are going to implement the database?
> targets change/get added and we dont want really want to outdate the
> editor when that happens (and it is likely something port maintainers
> will forget about)

My thought at the moment is that the data should be stored in a text
file that gets compiled in with the binary, but also allow local
modifications which can be saved, exported, imported, etc. We don't
really have to worry about the individual items becoming outdated, since
they should all be physical characteristics of the device that can't
change, but we do want users to be able to add a device if it hasn't
been added in the binary yet, which is where the local modifications
come in. As far as maintaining the editor itself, we just need to make
sure an entry gets added to the compiled-in data whenever support is
added for a new target.