Subject: Re: [Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #8

Re: [Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #8

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:55:00 +0200

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Robert Bieber <robby_at_bieberphoto.com> wrote:
> My thought at the moment is that the data should be stored in a text file
> that gets compiled in with the binary, but also allow local modifications
> which can be saved, exported, imported, etc.  We don't really have to worry

I would consider doing it similar to what Rockbox Utility does / did:
use an ini style file that holds the values, and compile that in.
Check for the file in the program folder and if present use that
instead. Rockbox Utility did this in the past (though that feature was
removed because there isn't much that can get fixed / added by
replacing the configuration ini file, for Rockbox Utility there's
almost always code changes needed). It might make sense to even use
the same file Rockbox Utility uses, and having only one file hopefully
also decreases the risk of it getting outdated.

 - Dominik