Subject: [Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #9

[Theme Editor] Weekly Status Report #9

From: Robert Bieber <robby_at_bieberphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:41:57 -0400

Last week I worked primarily on project management. At this point, I
have opening, closing, and creating new projects in the state I want
them, with a New Project dialog that offers to create desired skin
documents, and enables/disables options based on the selected target
(i.e. it won't let you create remote WPS if you're starting a new
project for a target without a remote).

I've begun working on the target DB, but it's still not completely
usable. At the moment, it's both incomplete and uneditable from the
user perspective. I'm going to be working immediately on allowing the
user to modify, save, export and import the DB, and after that I'll work
on getting a complete default DB in place. Anyone who wants to
contribute to the default database is welcome to do so: it resides in
/utils/themeeditor/resources/targetdb and the syntax should be obvious
from the existing entries.

By the end of the week, I'd really like to get the Theme Editor into a
state that we could call an official release (v0.5, perhaps, since
there's no graphical editing yet), so I'd appreciate anyone who has the
ability/desire to do so testing it out and letting me know if you find
any bugs or usability issues. If anyone wants to volunteer to package
it as a Windows installer, OSX application bundle, deb, rpm, or any
other typical distribution format when the time comes, that would also
be great.

-Robert Bieber