Subject: Re: getting in early... the android apk plan?

Re: getting in early... the android apk plan?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:30:47 +1000

On 11 August 2010 14:21, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Heck I'd even be happy with a single rockbox.apk which is only updated
> for releases which has all the lcd sizes built into it if it has
> support for loading a rockbox.zip.
>
> Jonathan

(sorry, hit reply too early)

... In which case it should work more like this...
for each target we want to support: build and make zip. rename that
zip to rockbox-target.zip/so and put it in the apks lib dir. Then do a
fontzip and put that in the zip dir also. Then on first run extract
the fonts and the target zip we actually want.
then, on each restart (not resume unless I can get that working) check
for /sdcard/rockbox/rockbox.zip and ask to install it if its newer
than the loadable lib. The apk would blow out to quite a few MB but as
you say most people wont care or download over wifi. It would only
need to be built once per release and it is relatively simple to do
(easily scriptable as part of the regular release script).