Subject: Re: fs#10766

Re: fs#10766

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:47:52 +0100

  I think David Hall's point was about what happens if you press the wrong direction. E.g. let's say you're in the middle and you press right by mistake (you meant to press left). Subsequently, no amount of pressing left again will ever take you further left than the midpoint. You msut wait for the secret timeout and then start again (no 'undo')

  Oh yes, I see your point. Well, I guess maybe Sean is best qualified to answer that one, but how could you build an undo feature in?

  Given that a single press of left or right will do the binary skip in eather direction, and a rapid press of left or right twice quickly, will jump you to the next or previous track on the latest version.respectively.

  The only option I can see for an undo feature would be either a single or double press of up or down.
  What do you think?