Subject: Re: fs#10766

Re: fs#10766

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:05:06 +0100

I just mean the converse: if the music was already paused, you probably don't want to unpause it just to cancel the binary skipping.
  On 12 Aug 2010 18:19, "alex wallis" <> wrote:
> (I think it gets more complicated though if the skip mode also works when paused; if so, you probably don't want it to start playing when you hit-pause-to-cancel-binary-skip, so maybe a different method is needed... or just leave it with a hidden 5-sec timeout, really)
> I don't understand the above point can you please explain what you mean?
> I think consistency is important in rockbox. So, if pause was going to be used to reset the time, it should also pause the audio I think as well when pressed.

  Hi, sorry for the double post.

  But I just had a thought, either a long press of play/pause

  could be used for canceling the timing, or alternatively as an undo skip command.

  But I also just thought of a third option.

  What about a quick double press on the button? Similar to a double click with a mouse button, that would be another option to explore for use with undo or canceling the mode.