Subject: Re: fs#10766

Re: fs#10766

From: Ray Lambert <>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:41:26 -0400

I'm not terribly interested in this feature but an idea occurred to me
while scanning your messages about 'undo'.

How about this: a click in the opposing direction within a short time --
say 1 or 2 seconds -- jumps back to the previous position *without*
halving the distance.

I presume the timeout is set at 5 seconds in order to give the user time
to hear the content and decide which way to seek next. I also presume
that the user knows almost immediately when he/she has moved in the
wrong direction. So a quick jump in the other direction would then
'undo' the mistake.

Since I don't use this though maybe this idea conflicts with normal
usage in some way?

Just a thought...

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?