Subject: Re: getting in early... the android apk plan?

Re: getting in early... the android apk plan?

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 01:53:27 +0200

  On 12.08.2010 09:38, Dave Hooper wrote:
> True. If we could detect that incompatibility in the java layer, could
> we prompt the user to install a new .apk from
> <>? Or will it just force close / do unexpected
> things at runtime?

We agreed on IRC that we would like to only have one alternative way of
installing - if at all. Meaning we either offer complete .apks for
download on our site or have a special current build version on the marked.

Building, as well as installing, the complete apk has several advantages
(not only the java-wrapper-compatibility thing), and it's less
confusing. It's not that we're unable to build apk's with the build system.

Best regards.