Subject: Re: Proposing a small change to the sansa fuze keymap.

Re: Proposing a small change to the sansa fuze keymap.

From: Michael Chicoine <mc2739_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:24:55 -0500

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 5:12 AM, Nils Wallménius
<nils.wallmenius_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently started playing with my sansa fuze and was especially
> confused by one thing in the keymap: the stop action.
> Stop is on long home on the fuze while on e200 it's on short power and
> on ipods it's on long play/pause, *both* of these actions are unused
> on the fuze so moving stop to either one of them is easy. I prefer
> moving it to long play/pause since the power switch is kind of hard to
> operate.
> Comments?
>
> Nils

I don't really have a strong opinion on this, since I do not own a Fuze.

But, I recall a recent change to the clip keymap. This change caused
a considerable uproar among the users and was ultimately reverted.

I imagine that users of the Fuze, who have been using this keymap for
many months, might have a similar reaction to this change. Being
consistent with keymaps of other ports will not matter to them if they
have never used Rockbox on any other device.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Dominik Riebeling
<dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we should remove Stop from Rockbox then ;-)

Why remove Stop? It is obvious that it is being used since this
button change is being discussed. I use it constantly on my e200. I
am not sure why I use it rather that using the menu button, but I do.