Subject: Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:31:41 +0200

On Monday 16 August 2010 at 20:43, Mike Giacomelli wrote:

> > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:37 PM, David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If not RaaA, what will ever justify a bump to 4.0?
> > >
> > > And IF this is 4.0 time, I believe a coordinated publicity campaign
> > > should be part of the release schedule.
> >
> > 4.0 for RaaA sounds like a good idea to me but I don't think it's
> > release quality yet.
> > I'd say do 3.7 as usual this time.
>
> IMO we should go for 4.0 when we have a stable RaaA port in the Android
> market that works on many/most Android devices.

And yes, that would be worth a major publicity announcement - aside from
anything else, it will bring Rockbox firmly back into the world of "currently
available players", the number of which has been sadly dwindling over the
past few years.

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.
                                                     Please reply to the list;