Subject: Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 03:17:29 +0200

  On 17.08.2010 02:37, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> If we really want to do the whole shebang with 4.0 and raaa then at
> the very least a fully touch aware cabbie needs to be done for all the
> raa lcd sizes, or better yet, someone make the lists iconable for
> touch devices.

I think lists consisting only of icons are very much overrated. They're
only useful for very few types of lists. Even in the big mobile OSes,
the vast majority of lists is text based (on Android, it's basically
only the application launcher list that is icon only, isn't it? And even
that one has a text under the icons). I wouldn't put too much weight
into it.

Touch-aware cabbiev2 shouldn't be a big issue, I did the 480x800 port
rather quickly actually.

I think RaaA could justify 4.0 because it means that Rockbox stepped up
from a firmware replacement to a general music application suite (of
course, without losing the firmware replacement part). That's quite a
big step for the entire project, isn't it?

On 16.08.2010 18:37, David Hall wrote:
> If not RaaA, what will ever justify a bump to 4.0?

That remains unanswered.

Best regards.