Subject: Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

Re: Release 3.7 timeline?

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:31:45 +1000

On 17 August 2010 11:17, Thomas Martitz
<> wrote:
> I think lists consisting only of icons are very much overrated. They're only
> useful for very few types of lists. Even in the big mobile OSes, the vast
> majority of lists is text based (on Android, it's basically only the
> application launcher list that is icon only, isn't it? And even that one has
> a text under the icons). I wouldn't put too much weight into it.

The D2 OF does a mix which I think would work nicely, where the menus
are icons but the file list is a list with some soft buttons. Using a
icon list for the file browser would be rather slow.

> Touch-aware cabbiev2 shouldn't be a big issue, I did the 480x800 port rather
> quickly actually.

It isnt only the wps. I dont know any device which uses our 3x3 grid
(or anything like it) and especially not as default. cabbie needs a
touch sbs and default to stylus mode, otherwise 99% of users will
think its just broken on first use.