Subject: Re: [RaaA] Final status report

Re: [RaaA] Final status report

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:48:12 +0200

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 03:56:13PM +0200, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> To summarize: In my view, my GSoC project was an overall success.

I think nobody will disagree with that! Congratulations :)

> Speaking of fun. GSoC was really great fun and exciting for me. Not
> only, but in particular when it came to the Android port. I also enjoyed
> that my fellow GSoC students also made great progress in their projects.

Yes. I think this year was a very successful GSoC year. Congratulations,
all of you!

> In the end I'm looking back to more than 3 joyful months.
> I'd like to thank all people involved, especially my mentor Frank
> Gevaerts.

Thanks, but I don't think I really deserve that. I didn't ever feel I
had to do much, even to the point that I sometimes felt that I didn't
do enough. The fact that your project was a success really is thanks
to you, not me!

> Now let's make some steps forward and get the Android port out to the
> masses :)

Or at least to those parts of the masses that own Android devices ;)

Thanks for making this an enjoyable GSoC for the mentors too!

Frank