Subject: Re: DB refresh on clip+ UI simulator

Re: DB refresh on clip+ UI simulator

From: Alan Peter Fitch <apfitch_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:59:25 +0100

On 24/08/10 00:47, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> On 24.08.2010 01:40, Alan Peter Fitch wrote:
>> I've been playing with the database to add the possibility to sort
>> albums by "albumsort" field (because I've used the albumsort field in my
>> music files).
>

> Please have a look at http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7287
>
> I would be interested in some work on it.
>
>> I'm using the clip+ uisimulator - but I can't get it to power off, so I
>> can't rebuild the database.
>>
>> The documentation in the buttons file seems to imply that numeric keypad
>> 1 or Escape should both power off the simulator, but they don't seem to
>> work.
>
> Just closing the sim (and restart) should work.

I reverted my first attempts at changing the code, and the power on/off
started working again - QED my code broke something in the database :-(

Alan

P.S. I'll have a look at the tracker and see what it says...
P.P.S. Well it is the first time I've touched the code, so I don't feel
too bad

--
Alan Fitch