Subject: Re: idea for formalising committal of new features.

Re: idea for formalising committal of new features.

From: Amaury Pouly <amaury.pouly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:45:06 +0200

> We try to do that before each week already, it isnt enough though. The
> 500odd patches are more annoying than the 200 bugs (of which some
> should be closed but wont be because "technical reasons means this
> wont be fixed/changed any time soon" isnt a good reason apparently)

Perhaps it should be more formal than "Let's review the patches". For
example, we choose a day and do each patch at once. This way, everyone looks
at it, and hopefully all people who can review the patch decide if it's
still valid or not. It would take a long time but at this point, but on the
other hand, going through the tracker alone is really painful. If we review
patch one per day, it will take two years to complete the task :-D This is
just a concept of course but the key point is that like Alex said, if it's
formal, then everybody should feel concerned. But this will not solve the
initial problem of handling new features, this will just help in cleaning
the tracker.